Friday, August 26, 2011

Home grown parsley



Almost exactly a year ago we moved into our current house, and I decided I wanted a vegetable patch! We knew we had to fence it off from the toddler, and the puppy - which we did. But it kind of meant that the garden got left to it's own devices a bit. One of the few plants that is still growing really well is the parsley. Which is so handy because the guinea pigs LOVE it. And it has heaps of vitamin C, which they need every day. (and it doesn't get cheaper or easier than picking your own home-grown 'organic' parsley!).


Liam was quite partial to it this afternoon. He gobbled down his piece in about 20sec!





Alice is a little more cautious. She still ate it. But wanted to keep an eye on me and that strange black contraption in my hands.



I thought I'd show off her crazy backside hair-do too. It's like a guinea pig mullet - business at the front, party at the back!


2 comments:

  1. I've been following your blog for a few weeks and love to see all of your piggies and get updates on them! We have two little girls at home and love them like crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie :) Its really cool to know people read this blog! so thank you. And a big piggy hello to your little ladies too :)

    ReplyDelete